Thursday, October 11, 2007

A new place to go for your literary fix ...

Maria Scala, my new friend, whose blog can be read at August Avenue, has turned me on to a number of new literary vehicles ... We met through my blogging for Descant magazine where she sent me some wonderfully supportive messages regarding my blogs on Italo -Canadian identity and the process of writing.

Maria and I share many of the same interests and concerns: literature, ethnicity and motherhood (not necessarily in that order!). She was one of the inspirations for this blog and I greatly appreciate her insight and support.

Maria has recently become a Columns Editor for Literary Mama (auguri Maria!), a terrific website that covers both literary and maternal concerns. It has reviews, essays, columns, blogs, "essential reading", profiles, creative non-fiction, classes and workshops, etc ... I am now hooked and have signed on as a subscriber.

I am in the midst or preparing an essay for a conference that I will be attending on Italo-Canadian identity at McMaster University in November at the invitation of my friend Venera Fazio, co-editor of Sweet Lemons (an anthology of writing by writers of Sicilian descent), and Prof. Paolo Chirumbolo from McMaster University.

I will keep you posted regarding that event and hopefully I will not disgrace myself too much that day!

No comments: